Adding Products #
To add products in Bytes POS, follow these steps:
1. Go to Products and select “Add Products.”
2. Provide the following information for the product:
– Product Name
– Units (e.g., pieces, kilograms, liters)
– SKU: Add a unique SKU (Stock Keeping Unit) to identify the product and print barcodes on labels. Leave it empty to auto-generate the SKU. You can also add a prefix for auto-generated SKUs.
– Barcode Type: Select the barcode type, with the default/recommended option being C128. Change it only if the product already has an SKU number.
– Not For Selling: Marking a product as “Not For Selling” means it will not be displayed in the POS or sales screen. This can be useful for manufacturing modules or temporarily disabling sales for specific products.
– Alert Quantity: Set the quantity level at which you want to receive an alert when the stock reaches or falls below this level.
– Manage stock: Enable or disable stock management at the product level. For services like repairs, haircuts, or web development where stock management is not required, you can uncheck this option and sell them in unlimited quantities.
– Business Location: Select the business location(s) where this product can be sold or purchased.
– Applicable tax: Choose the applicable tax for the product. (You can add taxes separately in Bytes POS.)
– Product Type:
– Single Product: Select this if the product has no variations. You will need to enter the default product price including or excluding tax and the profit margin percentage. The selling price, excluding tax, will be auto-calculated based on the profit margin. You can also enter the selling price manually, and the profit margin will be adjusted accordingly.
By following these steps, you can add products to Bytes POS and customize various details for effective inventory management and sales.
- Applicable to a product having variations (like size or color or design or flavors etc) You can define variation templates from Products -> Variations. The advantage of creating variation is that it saves time to add same variations multiple time.
- When selecting Variable product – It will display different fields to add all variations and its related Purchase price, Selling Price. You have to select the variations from the dropdown and it will auto-populate the variations for that template. You can change the variable name, Variation values.
- 🆕 To give same purchase price or selling price or profit for all variations of a product click on the double tick present in the first variation.
- Read more about adding variations
Combo or Bundle Product #
- Combo product are also called bundle products.
- It is offering several products as one combined product.
For example a product “Computer Set” can have: 1 PC Monitor + 1 PC CPU + 1 Pc Keyboard + 1 PC mouse
So when someone buys Computer set she gets all the products in it.
- Stock of bundled product depends on stock of individual products present in that bundle.
Example: if you have 5 PC Monitor, 4 PC CPU , 10 pc Keyboard, 50 PC mouse, the stock of Computer set will be 4 PC.
- When the bundle product is sold, stock of all products inside them is automatically deducted.
- Individual products present in bundle product can also be sold separately.
- Bundle products cannot be purchased, only individual products present in it can be purchased.
Click on Save.
You can edit a product. You can also Copy / Export to CSV, PDF or Excel file.
Adding Products with multiple variations: #
When dealing with products that have multiple variations, such as a shirt with color and size options, Bytes POS offers two solutions:
Solution 1: Create Combined Variation
1. Create a variation with the name “Color-Size.”
2. Add values for each combination, such as “Red-Small,” “Red-Medium,” “Red-Large,” and so on.
3. This combined variation can be selected when adding the shirt, allowing you to choose the specific color and size.
Solution 2: Create Multiple Products
1. Create multiple different products, each representing a specific combination of color and size. For example, create “Shirt-Red,” “Shirt-Green,” and “Shirt-Blue” with size as the variation.
2. When adding the products, you will not have to enter the same details multiple times. Start by adding the details for one product, such as “Shirt-Red” with all available size variations. Then, use the “Duplicate Product” action to copy the data and create similar products with different colors.
These solutions provide flexibility in managing products with multiple variations, allowing you to choose the approach that best suits your needs.
Select Required variations: #
While adding variable products, you can select only the required variation values.
In your add/edit product screen, select the product type as ‘variation’ and select the variation name (eg. color).
A dropdown will be displayed, in which you can select the required variation values.
Assigning/remove locations of multiple products at once: #
Go to List Products and refer to this screenshot.
Deactivating & Activating Product: #
Refer to the screenshot.
Using Product barcode: #
How can we use the product’s barcode instead of creating and printing new for every product?
How can we use the brand’s barcode of the product instead of creating and printing new for every product?
When creating a product, in the SKU field enter the barcode number of the product. This barcode will be used to identify the product in all screens like POS, Sales, purchases, reports, and others.
How to add a product that already has a Barcode? #
Adding products that already have a barcode, follow the same steps as adding any other products.
- Go to add products
- Fill in all the product details
- IMPORTANT: in the SKU field scan or enter the barcode of the product.